februari 25, 2010

If Greece wants my money then I want their islands! – Part II

The day after my last entry, see below, Financial Times (Saturday, Feb 20) published a piece called “Pay up for the glory that was Greece”. Interestingly, that article touches upon my idea of Greece raising equity!

The, not entirely serious….., idea in the article is that Greece should start charging for what their ancestors gave to society thousands of years ago. Things that they invented, and that the world uses on a daily basis, such as the Pythagorean theorem, maps and even the word Nike, should be acknowledged (financially)!

Put differently, Greece should start selling their assets, and stop giving them away for free. OK, Greece might have more of these inventions than other countries but, still, I think it will be a Herculean task...... :)